London / Engineering / Full Time - Remote / Remote
Neumind are building the rehabilitation of the future. We are on a mission to help 100 million brain injury and stroke survivors optimise their recovery from their injuries, by combining technology, healthcare and design. It's an ambitious mission, but one we fully believe in and we hire people who share our aspirations and core values.
We are a global team of clinicians, designers, engineers and researchers who are aligned by one common goal. Authenticity, creativity, purpose and thoughtfulness are at the heart of everything we do to deliver that goal, so finding exceptional people to come on the journey is everything to us.
If you are passionate about making an impact on the health of others, join us and make it happen!
Play a key role in the development of the neumind app, designed to help survivors optimise their rehabilitation. Collaborate with engineers within the team to plan and execute strategy. Ensure the software delivered maintains high quality standards. Collaborate with the rest of the product team and work together to provide members with the best possible experience. Champion best practices and state of the art app architecture that will scale alongside Neumind.
- You will be a key piece of the development team, building and maintaining solutions across the whole Neumind stack, providing our members with the best possible care
- Working in an agile environment as part of a cross-functional squad, taking full ownership of the features within the app
- Collaborating with the wider product team (product managers, designers) to come up with creative solutions to the challenges we’re facing
- Working alongside other developers on the technical roadmap, constantly seeking to improve our codebase and workflows
- Making sure we deliver a great product by applying engineering best practices (testing, continuous integration/deployment, etc.)
The background we are looking for (don't worry if you don't fit all of the criteria!):
- Ideally 5 years professional development experience -
- React and Typescript
- React Native a massive bonus
- Node.js – ideally Nest.js but we acknowledge this may be hard to come by! The symantics are similar to Spring Boot if that helps
- Experience using Postgresql
- Experience in Event-Driven Architectures a bonus
- Experience using Heroku or similar cloud hosting providers
- Experience in mid-large tech firms who have seen challenges of scale will be a big plus
- An eye for design and a focus on providing our members with a great UX (knowledge of Human Interface Guidelines, accessibility, etc.)
- A solid understanding of software design patterns
- Experience integrating REST APIs and working with tools like Postman
- Good knowledge of testing in Typescript (unit testing & UI testing) and how to automate it. Understanding of the testing pyramid, where to focus testing efforts, and what style of testing is appropriate is important
- Experience maintaining continuous integration/deployment pipelines (preferably on Github)
- Experience/willingness to pair program to work through difficult problems and share understandings with other team members
- A desire to work on something meaningful and have an impact - what we do changes lives!
Benefits at Neumind
- Generous and meaningful stock options
- Pension package
- 28 days annual leave
- Flexible working environment
- Gym subscription
- Accelerated career growth opportunities to match the fast-paced growth of the business
- Join a talented, passionate and ambitious team of clinicians, designers and technologists with a fun-loving culture
Our teams at Neumind are made up of an incredible range of talented people from all walks of life. We believe that diversity of any description leads to innovation, idea sharing and collaboration.
Neumind is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. Diversity and Inclusion are paramount to the success of our mission and our culture is driven by our differences, each of which we embrace with open arms.